On-Air Talent (PT)(KJFA)
Posted on 2014-04-09
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
- Operate studio technical equipment and perform on-air duties in order to entertain our listeners. Represent the station in a professional, appealing and pleasant manner. Do voice over for station commercials and promotions as requested, attend remotes and promotions as necessary and requested by station management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Adequately operate the technical equipment in the studio (Console, Zetta/RCS automation system, Vox Pro, etc.)
- Have the capability to follow format and indicated times on the programming schedule.
- Follow liners and deliver on-air at specified times.
- Prepare succeeding day’s program in advance of going on-air.
- Thoroughly meet all requirements stated in the company contract.
- Requires flexible schedule.
- Maintain format of station.
- Perform as on-air personality, as scheduled.
- Responsible for creating, writing and delivering creative elements on-air.
- Maintain compliance with FCC regulations at all times, including awareness of prohibited language on-air.
- Research information as requested for show.
- Create bits and/or stunts to be used during their show, as appropriate.
- Air music as scheduled and as provided by the Content Director.
- Operate system board efficiently, including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including sponsorships and name mentions.
- Creative production and editing of commercials (voiceovers) for clients and station as directed by Production Manager.
- Create and write copy as assigned.
- Works with the traffic department to ensure all commercial copy is correct and dates and times of airing are as provided by sales.
- Meets with clients when necessary to prepare commercials on and off site.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of station and on-air promotions.
- Follow contest rules and station rules in regard to station contests.
- Greet listeners, attend and assist special events, remotes, and other company sponsored events.
- Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Live appearances/broadcasts on location as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Responsible for performing Master/Mistress of Ceremonies duties for station promotions, special events and special appearances, as assigned.
- Participate in the show as an on-air personality, adding content and entertainment value to show.
- Participation and involvement with the community.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed.
- Must be familiar with station’s format.
- Produce timely, complete and accurate reports, as requested.
- Special attention to deadlines.
- Follow work schedule as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain open communication with staff.
- Look and act professional.
- Abide by organizational norms and support organizational goals.
- Remain calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
- Persist and finish projects under deadlines.
- Follow instructions as well as take steps necessary to prevent mistakes.
- Follow well-defined procedures.
- Write and compile traffic reports on a timely basis.
- Deliver on-air traffic reports accurately.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Requires working knowledge of Word and Outlook software packages.
- Requires good verbal skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Must multi-task and respond to the high demands from our listeners.
- Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Experience and Education:
- High School Graduate or equivalent experience in field required.
- 1+ year on-air experience with similar job responsibilities and requirements.
- Fluent Spanish speaking required, bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Comprehensive written and verbal skills in English and Spanish
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to drive.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should mail/email resume and demo mp3 to:
On-Air Talent--Part Time (KJFA)
Job # ABQOATPTKJFA042014
Attn: Juan Zavala, Promotions Supervisor
Fax: (505) 254-7108
Mail: 8009 Marble NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
No phone calls please.
DEMO MP3 required with Application/Resume
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER