On-Air Talent (FT)(KKSS)
Posted on 2014-04-09
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
Primary function is to perform as creative on-air radio personality as assigned by Content Director, for our popular Hip-Hop/R&B, “KISS-FM”, format.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform as on-air personality, as scheduled, and follow own thought-out and prepared show.
- Responsible for creating, writing and delivering creative elements on-air, including attention-grabbing topics/issues for the show.
- Follow designated show format.
- Maintain compliance with FCC regulations at all times, including awareness of prohibited language on-air.
- Research information as requested for show.
- Create bits and/or stunts to be used during their show, as appropriate.
- Air music as scheduled and as provided by the Content Director.
- Air all liners, promos and commercials as logged.
- Operate system board efficiently, including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including sponsorships and name mentions.
- Creative production and editing of commercials (voiceovers) for clients and station as directed by Production Manager.
- Create and write copy as assigned.
- Works with the traffic department to ensure all commercial copy is correct and dates and times of airing are as provided by sales.
- Meets with clients when necessary to prepare commercials on and off site.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of station and on-air promotions.
- Follow contest rules and station rules in regard to station contests.
- Greet listeners, attend and assist special events, remotes, and other company sponsored events.
- Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Live appearances/broadcasts on location as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Responsible for performing Master/Mistress of Ceremonies duties for station promotions, special events and special appearances, as assigned.
- Participate in the show as an on-air personality, adding content and entertainment value to show.
- Participation and involvement with the community.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed.
- Must be familiar with station’s format.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Produce timely, complete and accurate reports, as requested.
- Special attention to deadlines.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Follow work schedule as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Special personality creativity for on air recording and production for show, as requested by Content Director.
- Requires the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook software packages.
- Requires knowledge of programming and production software (i.e. Audio Vault, Audition, Console Production, Collateral Hardware, and Music Master).
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have adequate transportation for driving.
- Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license and a good driving record Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required. Necessary Language Skills:
- Must have excellent ability to speak, read and write in English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must be able to drive.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should mail/email resume and demo mp3 to:
Univision Radio – Albuquerque
Attn: Mark Arias, Content Director
12451 Network Blvd, Suite 140
San Antonio, TX 78249
No phone calls.
DEMO MP3 required with Application/Resume
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER