KSL TV Special Projects Executive Producer
Posted on 2014-04-03
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION PURPOSE: Conceptualize, create and manage unique content that showcases the KSL brand and reflects DMC's commitment to values based programming.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- COMPLETE PROJECTS by conceptualizing and producing stories for television, radio, and web presentation.
- PRODUCES PROGRAM by managing and producing key KSL programming events including, but not limited to, the Primary Children's Telethon and the Days of '47 Parade; coordinating and producing bi-annual LDS General Conference programming; developing, coordinating and executing documentary style and/or long-form programming.
- OVERSEE CREATION AND PRODUCTION by developing new content initiatives; developing and producing franchise features for air in various KSL products; actively working to conceptualize content that differentiates KSL from its competitors. Must have a strong ability and understanding of production processes, including but not limited to: project management (budgets, deadlines, crew coordination, etc.), photography, editing, script writing, editorial oversight.
- ENSURE PARTICIPATION by attending various coordination meetings; maintaining a professional and helpful attitude towards other staff members at all times; working with news, lifestyle, programming and marketing departments. Collaborating with partner organizations such as the LDS Church, BYU, Deseret Book, etc.
- MAINTAINS PROFESSIONALISM by striving for excellence in ensuring that KSL keeps within FCC guidelines and regulations; maintaining confidentiality by not discussing internal Company matters, Company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information, or other sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, viewers, the media, or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competition.
- CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT by accomplishing related results as needed; maintaining a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, vendors, and clients; working in compliance with Company policies and procedures; projecting an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor; working effectively in a team environment; consistently working hours required (working more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.); continued personal and professional growth; managing stress effectively; performing other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Education - Bachelor Degree in Communication or Related Field
- Computer Skills - ENPS, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience - 5+ Years Producing Experience
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.