Multi Media Journalist
Posted on 2014-03-24
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WWL-TV is seeking an innovative, motivated, and creative storyteller and reporter to develop the next generation of stories for the number one media outlet in New Orleans.
WWL-TV has spent more than 35 years as the highest-rated station in Southeast Louisiana. That has extended to our digital platforms, where we have the largest social media following among TV stations and newspapers in the market. The General Assignment Reporter and Multimedia Journalist will create video presentations that compel the viewer to stop and watch.
We`re looking for a person with an ability to break away from the expected and create memorable multi-platform storytelling.
- Will be great video storytellers who excel in a fast-paced environment
- Can deliver pieces with both factual clarity and that make emotional connections with our viewers and users
- Will have strong on-camera presentation skills including the ability to work without a script live at the desk and in the field
- Will have the intellect and flexibility to tackle a wide-range of topics
- Know how to smartly use social media to engage the audience and advance the reporting and storytelling
- Can shoot, write and edit their own material - whether working alone or in a two-person crew
- Will be comfortable advocating for our community
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong understanding and demonstrated proficiency in TV reporting and storytelling; and a deep understanding of how to connect content to audiences. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, problem solving, a strong work ethic, accountability and a passion for competition.
- A Bachelor`s degree with journalism/communications as a major or minor field of study
- One to three years` experience as a reporter or photojournalist working in a small or medium market
- Proficiency in reporting and producing content in multiple platforms, including text photo and video, accurately and on deadline
- Strong news judgment
- Outstanding writing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in using social media for news gathering, crowd sourcing, and interactions with viewers and sources
- Valid Driver`s License and a superior driving record
- Proficiency in use of lightweight photography gear
- Non-linear video editing skills using Edius, Final Cut Pro or similar system
- The ability to lift and carry equipment
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at www.wwltv.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.