KTUU-TV Master Control Supervisor
Posted on 2014-03-14
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time Master Control Supervisor. This individual will lead a team of MCR operators and assist the engineering staff in a major transition to a new, totally automated, station hub. This person will be the final line of defense in making sure our quality NBC programming and our #1 local news product is beyond compare as it is spread across the state of Alaska. This Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all Master Control and its employees. They will also be required to interact seamlessly with the traffic, sales, programming, production and news departments. Other responsibilities include hiring, training, employee evaluation, discipline, scheduling, conflict resolution, equipment evaluation and referrals.
We`re seeking someone with 3-5 years experience with multiple types of computers, IT, engineering and/or a strong technical background, with prior supervisory experience a plus. A High School Diploma or GED is required, with post high school training in electronics or communications preferred. This is a tremendous opportunity, with a competitive wage and complete benefit package, including group health & dental, 401(k), PTO and more. KTUU is owned by a wonderful parent company, Schurz Communications, which is headquartered in Mishawaka, IN. More information on Schurz is available at www.schurz.com, and via this YouTube link
- In the scheduling process, responsible for ensuring that all hour requirements are met and generally not exceeded for all members of the Master Control staff.
- Responsible to assist the Director of Engineering in yearly personnel evaluations for all Master Control Operators.
- Maintain daily contact in a professional manner with other Technicians to ensure they are completing all assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily contact with the Director of Engineering to ensure all departmental goals and procedures are being followed.
- Responsible for making suggestions on possible ways to perform tasks more efficiently, effectively and more productively.
- Quality control of all servers, tapes, dubs, programs and newscasts.
- Be willing to listen to and act upon suggestions from others dealing with the same priorities.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Good leadership skills an absolute necessity.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lead this team to meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to personally perform all operating positions.
- Must be able to have a positive and open dialogue with all departments to ensure all newscasts and entertainment programming are on the air and run as clean and smoothly as possible.
- Familiarity with Sundance automation, Avid Omneon and Wide Orbit traffic systems.
- Must be able to operate station vehicles as the need and situation dictate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Numbers KTUU1812 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.