KTOO Assistant Gen. Mgr
Posted on 2014-03-11
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTOO is recruiting qualified candidates to apply for the position of Assistant General Manager - Operations to join our operations team as the senior manager in charge of technical operations for all of KTOO`s media platforms. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in managing engineering, IT and production projects. The person we hire will work closely with KTOO`s News and Public Affairs and Arts and Culture teams, so strong teamwork and communication skills are required. KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide news reporting and program production. Juneau is a small but cosmopolitan capital city of 32,000 people with some of the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the heart of the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. The community is safe, attractive and offers abundant outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, skiing, climbing and hiking, in a magnificent natural setting. Two hours from Seattle, Juneau`s climate is more like the Pacific Northwest than Interior Alaska. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 30s.
- Directs all on-air operations, information technology and broadcast engineering functions for 360 North, KTOO-FM, KRNN, KXLL and related websites.
- Manages production services for all media platforms, including contract production activity for external clients. Serves as production manager for complex multimedia projects; hires and supervises production crews, arranges logistics, creates and manages production budgets.
- Supervises information technology, broadcast engineering, master control and traffic staff, including hiring, motivation, training and evaluation.
- Develop operational procedures and best practices; assures compliance with FCC technical regulations.
- Manages technical planning for facilities and operational systems.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit media management.
- Hands-on skills in media production, including live remote broadcasts, studio production and post-production editing.
- Understanding of complex operational systems for broadcast origination and production.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and willingness to work non-standard hours and be on-call and ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with other staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor`s degree and/or the equivalent experience in media related fields.
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline: Open until filled, with an initial screening on April 4. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Starting in the low to mid 50s, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays. To apply: Submit a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.