Assistant Accounting Manager
Posted on 2014-03-07
By CareerPage CareerPage
The Assistant Accounting Manager will assist in the management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station and ensure that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements etc.
- Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, commissions, trade etc.
- Reviews balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers.
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information.
- Managing the trade process of preparing trade contracts and issuing trade within specified guidelines to appropriate staff.
- General accounting office duties and projects assigned by Accounting Manager, General Manager, Regional Controller or Corporate Office.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience with strong organizational skills and self-motivated.
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking Working knowledge of internal control procedures and general ledger.
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills.
- Proficient in Excel. Experience with Oracle and OSI a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Please apply online by going to www.sbgi.net/employment
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER