Posted on 2014-03-04
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
Sunflower Broadcasting, Wichita, KS (DMA)
Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc., consisting of KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a full-time Promotions Producer. Join the dominant #1 news station in Kansas and work in a state-of-the-art digital newsroom.
The successful candidate will manage the production and scheduling of on-air, web and social media promotion of TV stations, web sites, digital products, social media pages, as well as various events, initiatives and contests for our station, community partners and/or sales clients.
- Prioritize, organize, and produce daily topicals/promotions
- Responsible for writing clearly, concisely and creatively
- Must maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and extensive list of local contacts
- Research and brainstorm marketing techniques and trends, promotional ideas
- Effectively articulate promotional ideas so that others understand your vision
- Capable of accurate video editing with an eye for visual elements and graphics that engage the viewer and make promotions understandable
- Adapt to changes or direction from others
- Engage viewers using social media
- Provide content for websites
- Able to edit video and audio on industry standard equipment
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Able to be creative and create compelling and engaging promotions
- Willingness to work flexible hours and possess ability to work well with co-workers
- Able to quickly, accurately and calmly handle decision-making process
- Ability to handle and adjust accordingly to last-minute changes
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Proficient in the use of social media platforms to engage viewers and extend the reach of our content
- Able to manage the creative process and articulate vision during production
We`re seeking someone with 1-3 years of applicable experience. A Bachelor`s degree in Journalism, or a related field, is required, as is a valid driver`s license, with a clean driving record.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number SUN1806 to learn more about the position and apply.