Corporate Counsel/Project Manager
Posted on 2014-02-28
By Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc
Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network seeks a Corporate Counsel/Project Manager. This is an entry-level position, approximately 75% legal, 20% project management, 5% miscellaneous. The Corporate Counsel/Project Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Communications Commission regulations, Corporation for Public Broadcasting requirements, county zoning. Develop internal policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Work closely with management to provide guidance on legal issues that impact the strategy or operations of the company.
- Research, review, interpret, draft and negotiate a variety of contracts, including use licenses, leases, content acquisition agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advise marketing and production departments on intellectual property use; register the company`s IP. Clear rights and obtain licenses for copyrighted materials.
- Advise on acquisitions, joint ventures and other business growth initiatives.
- Advise human resources department on employment law issues.
- Initiate new legal projects and identify ways to improve the processes and operations. Identify, propose and implement solutions to address issues.
- Stay on top of current and pending legislation and update management on material changes.
- Project Management
- Define project objectives, create schedules and oversee quality control throughout the entire project.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Draft documents for meetings of Board of Directors
- Explore and develop opportunities to add value to the company
- Enhance the company`s organization and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will possess a J.D. degree and will have admission to practice law in Colorado. Prior FCC experience. Excellent communications abilities: especially verbal and written skills. Analytical thinking ability. Ability to work independently, without substantial direct supervision. Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage complex issues/projects. Strong interpersonal skills. Spanish language skills are a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items via email to email@example.com. Please put “Corporate Counsel/Project Manager” in the subject line.
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit RMPBS's needs and stating how you found out about this opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Salary requirements. This position will be posted at www.rmps.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please.
KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc., as non-commercial public television and radio stations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.