Posted on 2014-02-25
By KPTV Fox12
Account Executive: KPTV7341
KPTV Fox12 in Portland, OR is currently recruiting for an Account Executive. Qualified applicants may apply online via the Meredith Careers page located at: www.meredith.com.
The Account Executive advises clients on marketing and advertising strategies, develops new television accounts, negotiates advertising rates, and professionally conveys the benefits of television advertising on a network affiliate.
- 40% - Pursues prospects to sell on-air, on-line and integrated advertising on KPTV, KPDX and associated websites, sports programming and specially designed packages
- 30% - Provides sales and service support to existing advertisers assigned at management discretion
- 10% - Participates in sales team activities and interacts effectively with production and traffic departments to fulfill customer needs; meets deadlines
- 10% - Achieves assigned revenue generation budgets and completes all required reports in a timely manner. Masters and uses various research tools to position station value as necessary
- 10% - Makes presentation upon understanding client needs and closes the sale
High school education or equivalent. College coursework preferred
At least 2 years media advertising sales. Digital sales experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skill and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand prospect`s needs and manage expectations of results.
- Ability to represent station in a positive light and stand behind station decisions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to consistently prospect for new business and monitor competitive media.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and competitive
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants may apply online via the Meredith Careers page located at: www.meredith.com.
Meredith Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this Company not to discriminate in its employment or personnel practices because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, creed, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, or any other characteristic that is legally protected. Discrimination practices are specifically prohibited by federal and state statutes and regulations, including regulations of the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your equal employment rights have been violated by Meredith Corporation, you may contact Meredith's Corporate Human Resources/EEO office at 1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309-3023, the appropriate state or local EEO/civil rights agency, or if you work at one of Meredith's broadcasting stations you may also contact the FCC in Washington, DC 20054.
Meredith Corporation's Vice President, Human Resources, oversees Labor and Human Rights policies for the Company