Director of Events and New Business Initiative
Posted on 2014-02-21
By KOSI, KQMT, KEZW, KALC Entercom Denver
The Director of Events and New Business Initiatives is a new position and represents a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to drive results in our direct to consumer, promotion and event channels.
This position will report to the President of the Station Group and will work with our markets to identify, develop and ultimately execute highly profitable events, promotions and direct to consumer initiates. The Director of Events and New Business Initiatives will be able to effectively assess risk, draft budgets, and manage channel P&Lís.
Responsibilities include developing evergreen promotions, events, concerts, and audience monetization strategies for Entercom. This individual will be a part of the corporate team but will work collaboratively with market personnel to develop and execute the strategic plan that will drive sustainable revenue from the direct to consumer, promotions and event channels.
- Assume a leadership role in setting aggressive but realistic goals for substantial revenue, expense, and profit goals
- Assess existing portfolio and make recommendations on how to leverage and scale existing opportunities
- Proactively identify, develop and drive new opportunities/partnerships for monetizing our audiences that will result in profitable future growth.
- Work with our local marketing teams to effectively position and promote the opportunities to local marketplace
- Work and collaborate with local markets to insure successful execution and management
- Remain current on trends, issues and opportunities in the industry.
- Proactively identify opportunities to innovate, develop, enhance, etc. thus enabling continual growth and success.
General skills: In addition to having a successful track record in event, concert, and direct to consumer businesses, candidates will have demonstrated enterprise level development of large value-creating programs in both the B to B and B to C segments.
Talents and skills sought for this position include ideation, communication, initiative, energy, passion, and interpersonal with the proven ability to scale concepts, negotiate favorable arrangements with vendors, merchandise and leverage opportunities, and identify, develop and execute future revenue generating opportunities for the company.
Given the positionís emphasis on successful strategy execution, a results-driven, hands-on leader with a proven record of achievement is essential. The person must possess a working knowledge of the intricacies of local media, digital, mobile, social, promotion, concerts, and event marketing. The ideal candidate must have strong business-development skills, as well as business management and personnel management skills. The ideal candidate must be inspired by building and growing significant new business models.
5-10 years of event, concert, promotion, and branded entertainment experience with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership and P&L ownership role. Preferred, but not required: 3-5 years of experience with Radio, Concert, media advertising sales
HOW TO APPLY:
Salary: Base salary and bonus incentives, plus benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.