Bonneville Phoenix Staff Engineer (8086)
Posted on 2014-02-19
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To maintain, construct and operate the station`s studio, remote and transmitter equipment as assigned to achieve proper operation of station`s radio signal and transmissions. Be familiar with station IT systems, automation, security and workflow. Assist staff with technical needs as necessary.
- PERFORM ELECTRONIC AND MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE (routine and emergency) on equipment.
- PERFORM ELECTRONIC WIRING AND EQUIPMENT CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION FUNCTIONS.
- BE ABLE TO HANDLE REMOTE BROADCASTS UTILIZING REMOTE EQUIPMENT including its operation and maintenance.
- RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OPERATION OF THE STATION`S TRANSMITTER WHILE ON SHIFT in accordance with FCC rules and the maintenance of the building and equipment. Perform required FCC inspections and assist with proof measurements as needed.
- RESPONSIBLE TO KNOW AND FOLLOW FCC RULES REGARDING BROADCAST STATION OPERATION INCLUDING THE EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM.
- PROPERLY MAINTAIN AND OPERATE ALL STUDIO EQUIPMENT.
- ASSIST OTHERS IN THE OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT AS NECESSARY.
- HIRE, TRAIN AND SUPERVISE TECHNICAL DIRECTORS/BOARD OPERATORS.
- MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY by not discussing internal station matters, company strategies, clients` proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information, or other sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media, or inappropriately with co-workers.
- VALID DRIVER`S LICENSE AND PROVEN ABILITY TO SAFELY DRIVE COMPANY VEHICLE or person vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- WORK IN COMPLIANCE WITH COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
- WORK EFFECTIVELY IN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT.
- MAINTAIN A POSITIVE AND COOPERATIVE RAPPORT WITH STAFF, MANAGEMENT, AND CLIENTS.
- CONSISTENTLY WORKS HOURS REQUIRED. WORKS MORE WHEN REQUIRED TO MEET DEADLINES INCLUDING WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, EVENINGS, ETC.
- PROJECT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE AND DEMEANOR.
- PERSONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- A minimum of 3 years Radio Broadcast experience.
- Proficient with FM transmitters including HD.
- Proficient with the Emergency Alert System (EAS).
- Proficient with IT based systems including: studio audio distribution, broadcast consoles, routing switchers, digital editors, automation systems, and remote broadcast equipment. Strong wiring, design, and documentation skills.
- FCC/SBE/computer license/certification.
- A complete customer satisfaction.
- Strives for continuous quality and productivity improvement.
- Age - 18 years or older.
- Must possess a valid driver`s license and a proven ability to safely drive company vehicles (including van, RV and pulling a trailer) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions under limited supervision.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure. Errors may incur financial or time loss.
- Excellent organization skills with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Results orientation.
- Must work independently, when necessary, and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-critical situations.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to relate to and identify characteristics of target audience.
- Excellent aesthetic and graphic skills.
- Basic computer skills (word processing, e-mail, Internet navigation, etc.)
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 100+ pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to work in smoke-free environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.