Posted on 2014-02-05
By Entercom Portland Entercom Portland
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the overall marketing, promotions and strategic branding programs for radio station, 105.1 The Buzz. The Marketing Manager works with the Program Director of the station to facilitate growth and brand loyalty with the listener. This position also works with the sales staff to facilitate client programs through Entercom`s platforms of on on-air, on-line and on-site.
The major duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Oversee & manage the promotions department to insure brand extension on-site, on-line and on-air.
- Work with AE`s to create, oversee & execute promotional and marketing campaigns
- Plan and administer the marketing operations budget
- Assist Program Director in researching, evaluating and recommending enhancements to the brand
- Oversee all charitable events and programs for respective stations
- Participate in planning and presentation of client marketing programs
- Develop promotions/programs to communicate with station target audiences using assets that include on-air personalities, database marketing and on-site experiential events.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate attorneys involving contracts and contesting, etc.
- Offer coaching and brand training to all staff
- Oversee communications activities including:
- external communications with community leaders
- public relations efforts
- external vendors
- media relations (promoters, record labels, other media)
- Work closely with Entercom Portlandâ€™s Marketing Services Department with electronic marketing efforts including:
- Web site design and maintenance
- Email marketing
- Database development
- Five years experience executing marketing and promotions campaigns focusing on brand building.
- Bachelor`s degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred and/or equivalent experience and training
- Proven track record in developing and administering marketing programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a face paced environment with strict deadlines
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Working knowledge of PromoSuite preferred
- Polished and professional presentation and interpersonal skills with both clients and internal constituents
- Ability to manage a promotional team including coordinators and personalities
- Database and social media knowledge a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position, please apply online at www.entercom.com and click on "Careers"ť. No Phone Calls. Entercom Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer