Posted on 2014-04-02
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Promotions Director is responsible for assisting with the development and of the overall marketing strategy of the station and for designing promotions that will achieve the objectives of that strategy.
- Develops and executes promotions strategies to enhance station competitiveness.
- Helps create new and profitable events.
- Plans, executes and tracks revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contests that take place on-air, online and on-site.
- Creates and reviews operational records and reports to assess the efficacy of promotions.
- Creates client promotions and promotional proposals with members of the Programming and Sales teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum five years' experience in media promotions.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Salary Range: Commensurate with ability and experience.
Apply for job at: www.nexstar.tv
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN