Posted on 2014-01-13
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
Position reports to title:
Work hours schedule: TBA
Full Time: Yes
Non Exempt (eligible for over time)
- Prepare each newscast in advance of its airing using I-News, Ross switcher and other television production equipment as needed.
- Ensure that all newscast and programs are directed and switched cleanly with no technical errors.
- Prepare and insert technical cues and graphic cues.
- Training and coaching employees
- Conducting yearly performance evaluations
- Maintain a high standard of quality for his/her own work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Proficient in the use of basic computer systems (Windows Operating System) and software.
- Thorough working knowledge of all station technical equipment including; Ross Synergy Switcher, Deko Graphic System, Chyron Max, Avid News Cutter, audio console, studio cameras and teleprompter.
- Experience in live newscast production.
- Able to adapt to changing and unexpected situations and new technologies.
- Proven track record maintaining composure in difficult stressful situations.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, mail or email resume to:
200 Pavilion Road
West Monroe, LA 71291