WDAY AM 970 Program Director
Posted on 2013-12-26
970 WDAY AM Radio, "Fargo's First Radio", first signed on the air in 1922. With its' NewsTalk format, 970 WDAY, offers local news, weather and sports,mixed with local, regional and national opinion talk shows.
- Responsible for overseeing and approving all on-air aspects, including, but not limited to: news, production, imaging, inventory limits, on-air personalities, traffic, special features, promotions, events and sports programming
- Work with senior management team and VP/Talent Development to improve ratings performance of all talent.
- Develop and execute audience growth strategies to improve ratings, online metrics and revenue performance
- Oversee the promotion and execution of all station events
- Work with sales managers and sales department to increase revenue, special IM events, and any sponsorship opportunities on a select station
- Responsible for managing team members in maintaining community service and appropriate information for the station`s public file
- At least five (5) years prior experience in successful programming role
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- News Talk/Sports background preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, well-organized, punctual, and a team player
- Handle stress, deadlines and related time pressures while still setting a positive example and attitude.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and aircheck to:
101 Fifth Street N
Fargo, ND 58102