On-Air Talent (KJFA)
Posted on 2013-12-04
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
Duties & Responsibilities
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Ability to monitor and play music as scheduled.
- Ability to monitor liners, promos and run commercials as logged.
- Must review production assignments daily.
- Ability to accurately log discrepancies.
- Maintain format of station.
- Knowledge in maintaining studio equipment.
- Assist with coordination of on-air events.
- Monitor transmitter readings, and log in accordance with Univision Radio and FCC policies.
- Maintain open communication with staff.
- Abide by organizational norms and support organizational goals.
- Must remain calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
- Persist and finish projects under deadlines.
- The ability to work closely with content director.
- Represent the station at community/station and sales events.
- Ability to attend regular air check sessions and meetings with content director.
- Follow instructions and well-defined procedures to prevent mistakes.
- Ability to work flexible hours with short notice including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
- Strong knowledge of Word and Outlook software packages.
- Understanding of Social Media strategies and proficiency in FB, Twitter, Instagram, on behalf of station.
- Able to create content relevant to the lifestyle and interests of the audience.
- Technical knowledge of basic Radio equipment (operation of on air board).
- Requires ability to make personal appearances as directed by Content Director.
- Requires knowledge of interviewing and developing rapport with guests and clients.
- Requires good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid NM driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Spanish language skills are a plus!
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an on Air Talent in a mid level market.
- On-air experience with similar job responsibilities and requirements or equivalent broadcasting school experience.
- High School Graduate or equivalent experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should mail/email resume and demo tape to:
Univision Radio – Albuquerque
Attn: Juan Zavala, Content Director
8009 Marble NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
No phone calls please.
DEMO tape required with Application/Resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER