KTUU-TV Digital Content/Social Media Producer
Posted on 2013-11-26
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time Digital Content & Social Media Producer. This individual will write, report, and edit news stories for all digital platforms and extensions with a compelling, easy-to-understand delivery; generate story ideas; provide unique coverage; post stories and additional multi-media content to all digital platforms, including social media extensions. This position may also be called upon to shoot and live stream press conferences or breaking news events as warranted. We`re seeking a candidate with a minimum of one year of Journalism experience, preferably in news. A Bachelor`s degree in Journalism or a related field is required, as is a valid driver`s license with a good driving record. The position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more. Additional information on Schurz is available at www.schurz.com, and via the following video link: http://youtu.be/7OuMd2ikx7k
- Use writing skills across all digital platforms.
- Write and post website stories, videos, photos.
- Work with reporters/producers to generate digital content.
- Make phone calls and work with reporters/news makers to generate content for all news platforms.
- Create eye-catching visuals for digital traffic.
- Develop and maintain sources for online reporting.
- Participate in story-selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings is required.
- Various shift work will be required; holiday work required.
- Critique, feedback and training are part of the job.
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines set by the company in the employee handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Disperse breaking news via text and mobile as well as web site with urgency.
- Be able to write clearly and accurately.
- String familiarity of AP Style Book.
- Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills.
- Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories for the web.
- Able to produce and post content to our websites.
- Understanding of current events and sports.
- Able to use social media outlets to engage viewers
- Strong emphasis on professional social media skills as related to journalism.
- Able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers.
- Solid keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with Google Docs, IB CMS, ENPS, Final Cut Pro edit or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit our web site and search Requisition Numbers KTUU1664 to learn more about the position and apply.
NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.