Posted on 2013-11-01
This Position is responsible for maintaining all computers and related hardware and software within the business unit. This includes all networking equipment and interfaces with the external networks.
- Provide Desktop support to all users as required.
- Assist the LAN Administrator for this business unit.
- Perform installation of all computers and related hardware.
- Assist with all server operations and system backups and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend software and hardware solutions
- Present managers with capital needs for the business unit during annual budget planning.
- Train employees on proper use of systems.
- Maintain all systems in compliance with current auditable best practices.
- Complete documentation as required by the company.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some college education is desirable. Microsoft and/or Cisco certification is a plus. Any training in broadcast systems is very useful.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in desktop computer maintenance is required. Experience in network management, server administration, active directory, SQL databases, SAN, MAN, WAN, Apple, web video and graphics systems is a extremely desirable.
- This position must have the ability to work in a highly secure environment where confidentiality is important. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary. A good working knowledge of computers and network systems is essential. The ability to work constructively under pressure and handle numerous time-sensitive issues on a daily basis is imperative for success. Ability to use hand tools to install computers and associated system in racks.
- Hand tools; laptop computer; cabling.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits date of hire, including dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Our team members also enjoy working in the fun and exciting atmosphere of a major media organization with local and national advancement opportunities.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: HR at Belo Media Phoenix; 5555 N. 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85013. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (602) 207-3336. No Phone Calls Please. EOE.
Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC)
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, genders, handicap, sexual orientation, national origin, and all other covered classes. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.
HOW TO APPLY: