Accounts Receivable and Assistant to VP of Business Affairs/Business Manager
Posted on 2013-10-18
By KTAG-FM, KCWB FM, KODI AM, KZMQ-AM/FM Big Horn Radio Network
The accounts receivable clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The accounts receivable clerk must comply with established policies and procedures.
The accounts receivable clerk reports to the VP of Business affairs and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, assistance with a variety of reports. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that our finances are accurate and up to date, that staff commissions are paid accurately and within established time limits.
1. Perform the day to day processing of deposits, posting payments, reports, human resources duties, billing at end of month and going to post office daily (must have reliable transportation.)
Take info on phone or person, process, track and post credit card payments. Collect money and provide receipts. Filing, keeping order in area and office. Client contact phone and person must be able to produce invoices and understand how to help clients and sales staff with questions relating to payments posted to the accounts and when.
As part of the traffic team, must learn how to enter contracts and edit logs. Code invoices for payment. Must be able to answer and /or research to help our staff with insurance questions, regarding health, dental, life and vehicle insurance. Able to create and maintain spreadsheets and forms, may have to go to bank for cash deposits. Must be able to read, understand, and create reports.
2. Back up to Director of First impressions, must be able to greet and assist visitors, answer phones if DFI does not able to get to it. Direct and transfer calls. Care for the building, able to clean up kitchen area daily along with Director of First Impressions. Secure building at night and unlocking during business hours.
Knowledge The incumbent must possess knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of accounts receivables
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Confidentiality concerning financial matters for company and employees
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team working and building skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective writing, verbal and listening communication skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs. (We use Microsoft Office. Must be able to adapt to those programs and Marketron, a special program just for radio.) E-mail at a highly proficient level
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate a sound work ethic
Physical Demands: The accounts receivable clerk will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The accounts receivable clerk will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time. Must be able to go down stairs to storage and traffic office. May have to haul archived boxes up and down stairs.
Environmental Conditions: The incumbent is located in a busy office area. The incumbent is faced with constant interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
Sensory Demands: The incumbent must spend long hours in intense concentration. The incumbent must also spend long hours on the computer entering financial information which requires attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
Mental Demands: There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress. The incumbent must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
HOW TO APPLY:
Salary starting at 25,000.00 per year , partial paid health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance.
PTO- 2 weeks- vacation per year, 3 sick and personal days per year. Fun, fast paced work environment
3 ways to apply:
- E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com,
- Bring cover letter and resume to our office at 1949 Mountain View Drive during regular business hours M-F 8am-5pm
- Mail resume and cover letter to Big Horn Radio Network, PO Box 1210, Cody, WY. 82414