KXXY-FM On-Air Co-Host
Posted on 2013-10-31
By iHeart Media - Oklahoma City iHeart Media - Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, OK
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment-Oklahoma City is currently seeking to fill the following employment opening: KXXY-FM On-Air Co-Host
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world`s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market - a leader in the converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
Here at Clear Channel Media + Entertainment are some of the top and finest On Air Personalities. Join the ranks of some of the most talented personalities in the entertainment business and do what you love in one of the best media companies in the world.
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, Clear Channel Communications, Inc., the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws.
- Adequate preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
- Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience
- Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
- Must be current with relevant daily material
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
- Maintain a website personality page. Must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
- Search out and share all possible web content with the Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
- Participate in regular listening/aircheck sessions for critique with the Program Director.
- Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events
- Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
- Be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non paid, spots required to run on the station.
- Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public. Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
- Candidates must be up to date on current events especially as they pertain to Oklahoma City.
- Candidates must be able to have a take on these events, the ability to write, and not mind early hours, take direction, and have the ability to think on their feet. Voice and production skills are helpful, as well as contacts with state and local officials.
- Five years of on-air radio experience required, excellent verbal and communication skills, outstanding ability to relate and communicate with target audience, positive attitude both on and off the air
- Familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Social Media tools such as, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
- Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, punctual, and be a team player with a cooperative attitude
- Applicant must be engaging on the air
- Applicant must provide compelling content on the air
- Applicant must be digitally savvy
HOW TO APPLY:
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma, United States
You are encouraged to refer qualified applicants to us for such opening.
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply at our website.
Thank you for your assistance. If you know of any other organization that may be of assistance in our equal employment opportunity effort, we would appreciate you forwarding that information to us.