KSL TV Sales /Global Sales Assistant
Posted on 2013-10-31
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Assist KSL TV Account Executives with all paper work and in answering or returning telephone calls, in order to assure accuracy, timeliness, and to maximize the amount of effective selling time. Provide the clients of KSL TV, and the best possible service, projecting a professional, business-like, and friendly demeanor. Note: Management reserves the right to assign responsibilities on a regular and/or rotating basis depending upon the Sales Assistant`s proven capabilities and the company`s present and future needs. A Sales Assistant may be assigned any duties within the KSL TV/ and Salt Lake Radio Sales Department as needed.
- Possess some post high school education in business, communications, sales, basic accounting, related field, or equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience within a sales or customer service office (preferably in the broadcasting industry) or equivalent. Excellent telephone skills and a working knowledge of business sales procedures in the following:
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven record of the ability to attend to details and accomplish tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Typing 50 wpm accurately, performing secretarial functions as needed, grammer, spelling, punctuation skills, keeping files current and accurate.
- Ability to use software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, CMR (continuous mutual reporting) systems and various Internet skills as needed.
- Ability to have analytical skills to interpret statistical data. Take research and other information to draw conclusions from findings. Proper follow-through. Assist Account Executives to prepare professional written and oral sales presentations.
- Work with limited supervision, confidential information and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments. Proven record of dependability.
- Self-starter, capable of performing under pressure to meet company deadlines as the services performed affects the ability of others to do their work.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Prefer previous broadcast ratings and research knowledge as it applies to television sales.
- Prefer someone with WideOrbit and/or OneDomain software experience.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communications effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.