Posted on 2013-10-29
By WCPO-TV WCPO-TV 9
WCPO - Cincinnati is looking for top-notch, hands-on News Producers. If you are a newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you. We are looking for the best of the best!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
- Work closely with news managers, assignment editors and associate producers to determine content needs
- Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding
- Write clearly for multiple platforms
- Responsible for oversight of live broadcast and up to the minute editorial decisions
- Edit video for multiple platforms
- Post content to statio`'s websites
- Understand and utilize web analytics
- Perform duties as assigned and needed
Education: Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: Qualified candidate must have 3 or more years experience in a Producer role within a true newsroom, non-college station. Live shot experience a must. Demonstrated experience as an Associate Producer preferred.
Familiarity with I-news is a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a passion for great visual storytelling.
- Energetic journalist who works well in an often fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent tease writing is a must.
- Candidates should be adaptable to changing schedules, work well with other news personnel, other departments within the TV station, and the public.
- Strong writing, keen editorial judgment and ability to handle breaking news are a requirement.
- Accuracy in gathering of facts and spelling is critical.
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's Web sites
- Write clearly for television
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, high pressure, deadline and content driven and technology-intensive environment
- Self-driven and able to easily communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a team environment.
- Must have solid social media experience and be well-connected
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet
HOW TO APPLY: