Posted on 2013-10-29
By WCPO-TV WCPO-TV 9
This position consists of general administrative duties. Supports the work of a Director or a department by performing duties as specifically requested, such as copying data, compiling information, filing, tabulating, recording, distributing, and handling materials, stock, or supplies. May perform repetitive business procedures according to specific instructions.
- Responds to routine telephone requests which have standard answers; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Prepares business presentation documents and spreadsheets.
- Types and establishes and maintains a variety of office files.
- Maintains manager\'s and department\'s calendar, makes appointments, and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, or other services through appropriate channels.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Read and review incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies.
- Make travel arrangements for supervisor and department staff
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High School Diploma
- Four years related experience and/or training.
- Personal computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Active Listening skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organization and Time management skills
- Reading comprehension skills
- Coordination skills
- Ability to multitask
- Detailed orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of general office practice and business etiquette.
- Ability to follow through on work assignments.
HOW TO APPLY: