KSL Broadcast Group Accounting Assitant (Accounts Payable) #3046
Posted on 2013-10-28
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Responsible to maintain a well-organized and accurate accounts payable operation in a courteous, prompt, accurate and efficient manner. Involves processing of invoices, check requests and other documents for payment. Also involves varifying transactions in the paycard system are accurate and the process is complete.
- Preparing invoices to be scanned and processed in automated accounts payable front-end system.
- Scrutinize invoices and check requests for reasonableness and proper account numbers to insure that company policy are followed. Any exceptions should be brought to the attention of management.
- Audit employee expense reports for compliance with company and IRS guidelines.
- Insure all large vendor invoices are obtained and input previously to A/P monthly closes.
- Make sure sales tax laws are followed.
- Fill out any requests for tax or federal I.D. numbers. Make sure social security numbers are obtained from vendors for 1099 purposes. Compile non-cash prize winner and client trip information for 1099 purposes at year end.
- Provide financial information to employees, department heads and vendors as needed.
- Must be familiar with general ledger and budgeted account numbers so invoices can be properly allocated.
- Process and allocate landline telephone bills for account allocation and payment.
- Process and allocate various bills for payment.
- Work with parent company to clear reconciling items in intercompany accounts.
- Provide training to employees utilizing company paycards.
- Audit paycard reports for receipt and GL coding.
- Match paycard reports and receipts with bank billing statement.
- Provide back up for daily mail and bank deposit.
- Reconcile GL accounts as assigned.
Associate`s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years experience in accounting environment with proven ability to complete assignments in a timely, detailed, and accurate manner.
- Computer literate, specifically with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access and have accurate keyboarding skills. Demonstrated analytical skills to work with various computer systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and assure both individual and joint projects are completed on a timely basis.
- Able to maintain appropriate confidentiality and develop and maintain effective communication with staff personnel, co-workers, and others while interacting during the performance of assigned duties. Must be able to clearly and accurately communicate, receive and interpret instruction.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Previous broadcast accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Mas500 Accounts Payable and GL System.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.