Posted on 2013-10-28
By WCPO-TV WCPO-TV 9
The Managing Editor is responsible for organizing and coordinating assignment desk staff and multi-media journalists (MMJs) to facilitate daily news coverage for multiple platforms.
Additional duties include:
- Manage daily editorial flow, including assigning MMJs, photojournalists, and assignment desk staff to cover daily news stories and events;
- Lead daily news planning and coverage;
- Supervise and schedule MMJs, content coordinators, and assignment desk staff to manage overtime;
- Review content, ensuring journalistic balance, for all platforms;
- Implement and have working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations;
- Assist editorial staff in developing all news coverage plans;
- Work closely with executive producers on distribution of coverage;
- Knowledge and proficiency in posting content to station websites;
- Knowledge and proficiency in using social media to enhance newsgathering and customer engagement;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
EXPERIENCE: At least five (5) years news room management experience with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
EQUIPMENT: Possess advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and social media. Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
SKILLS: Advanced oral and written communication skill. Must have the ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and holidays.
OTHER: Must have valid drivers license with safe driving record and proof of insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online