Star98 Afternoon Announcer - Idaho Falls, ID
Posted on 2013-10-24
By KID-FM, KCHQ, KID, KIDG, KIDJ, KLLP, KGTM, KPKY, KZKY, KWIK, KRXK, KOUW
Idaho Falls, ID
Rich Broadcasting is looking for a talented afternoon announcer for its Hot AC station, Star 98. The ideal candidate would be creative, entertaining, listener driven and passionate about today’s music. In addition to the on air duties, candidate will be responsible for daily prep, executing afternoon contests, maintaining all digital platforms including social media to interact daily with listeners. The candidate will also work closely with the sales department, conduct remote broadcasts and station/client appearances. Must possess a strong work ethic and be a team player. Rich Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage females and minorities to apply.
- Protect the Rich Broadcasting brand, create innovative on-air programs and propel the success of the stations in the market
- Protect the FCC license of the station
- Ensure that the station’s programming serves the needs and interests of the targeted audience
- Stay on top of current affairs, community events and music trends
- Contribute creative ideas on show development, topics, and format execution
- Attend all required station and department meetings and air-check session
- Use social media to interact daily with listeners
- Perform commercial voicing and other related production
- Work closely with the sales department to develop marketing opportunities for station to achieve the station`s rating goals, facilitate audience growth and market presence
- Attend remote broadcasts, station promotional events and make personal appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients
- Fill in for other personalities as assigned
- Represent Rich Broadcasting in the highest regard within the community and business environment
- Cultivate community relations to benefit Rich Broadcasting as a whole
- Work in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
Work Experience Required
- A minimum of 1 year of prior announcing and/or production experience for a radio station
- A three minute audio air check and production sample must be submitted with completed employment application
- Acceptable on-air presence and voice quality
- Self starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Develop and maintain effective communications with both internal and external business partners
- Able to work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor`s degree in Broadcasting or Communications , or equivalent experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website.
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted positions.
Resume is only accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer