KFSK-FM News Reporter (3/4 Time)
Posted on 2013-10-23
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Position Summary: Responsible for reporting and producing daily news reports and hosting news programs. Supervised by News Director.
This position is full time for 9 months out of the year, with 3 months off-time to be determined. Salary Range: 25,875 - 36,385 plus health insurance and retirement benefits.
- Produces daily reports on local, regional, and state issues and events for station newscasts and website.
- Produces and hosts local news programs.
- Works with regional news coordinator to file stories regionally and statewide on a regular basis.
- May be assigned to produce and host major news programs, series, or specials.
- Assists in training other staff and volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to News Director.
- May supervise volunteers.
- Two years experience in news reporting with excellent reporting, researching, interviewing, and writing skills.
- Background in broadcast journalism at a public radio or TV station and/or undergraduate degree in journalism or related field is preferred.
- Ability to operate standard broadcast production equipment and have basic radio production and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Alaska, particularly Southeast, issues, interests and trends.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a minimum of supervision and to work with other staff and the public in a cooperative, professional manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please send resume to: Tom Abbott, General Manager, KFSK-FM, P.O. Box 149, Petersburg, AK 99833. KFSK is an equal opportunity employer.