Air Ops Technician II
Posted on 2013-10-17
By Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc
Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc is seeking an Air Ops Technician II to oversee the day to day operations of our master control operations.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager and oversees day to day activities of master control operations in a multicast environment.
- Works with Traffic department for the acquisition, ingest, transcoding, storage and playout of digital media content assets, and the management of those assets as related to master control.
- Works with Traffic department to prevent and solve all problems related to the facilitation and documentation of content managed through Traffic and Master Control systems.
- Works with vendor technical support for all systems in the master control environment for the update, maintenance and repair of those systems.
- Assists in trouble shooting microwave and fiber STL, ICR and studio contribution paths.
- Performs weekly maintenance on computer systems as required, including software and firmware updates as required.
- Assists approximately 1/4-time in the IT department for LAN, WAN and desktop support.
- Maintains comprehensive database of software and firmware updates of all master control systems, and how these updates affect other associated systems.
- Prepares and updates Standard Operating Procedure manual for the master control environment, including videotape, digital media assets, and satellite operations, making sure the Operations staff is up-to-date on new software and procedures.
- Provides technical training to new Operations employees and additional ongoing training to all Operations employees.
- Performs weekly checks and sign-off of RMPBS transmitter logs for all stations in the network. Fills operational positions as needed.
- Performs discrepancy report follow-up, and discrepancy report summaries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor`s degree in Television/Radio Production, or a related engineering field.
- Minimum three years broadcast TV operations experience.
- SBE Television Operator`s Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of FCC Rules as pertains to master control operations.
- Solid understanding of television engineering as it applies to multi-channel master control operations.
- Experience with automation systems relating to a multi-channel environment.
- Experience in development and administration of in-house training programs.
- Experience in writing Standard Operating Procedure manuals.
- Experience in use of LANs, and in providing basic desktop support for computer hardware and software.
- Basic LAN support experience preferred. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Basic working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Prior experience in supervising and scheduling technical operations and staffing preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in this position should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Air Ops Tech II in the subject line.
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit RMPBS's needs and stating how you found out about this opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Salary requirements.
KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc., as non-commercial public television and radio stations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.