KSL TV Studio 5 Internship
Posted on 2013-10-17
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
16 hours TBD - 2 days 9am-5pm M-Th
KSL is pleased to announce the availability of a communications internship for "Studio 5", a live talk/information show airing mornings on KSL Television. We are looking for students who are interested in a NON-PAID learning opportunity, where they can extend their communications education beyond the classroom. The position is ideal for the student interested in pursuing a career as a producer in a television environment.
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the assigned internship coordinator, this KSL Programming internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in broadcast communications an opportunity to be involved with the daily production of a live television talk show. Assignments might include: contributing and researching story ideas; updating daily website content; scheduling and booking guests; and writing topical promotion and teases.
- Needs to be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis. Priority will be given to students of junior/senior status, or in the last year of a community college or vocational-technical program.
- Prefer someone working toward a career in broadcast communications. Applicant needs to be in good academic standing and possess knowledge of current events.
- Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing, production and conversational skills to transmit
- The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator and the intern's academic advisor.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL.
- Persons participating in the KSL-Programming internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time.
- Final selection of a KSL intern from among those expressing interest rests with KSL.
- Must sign and abide by the Internship Agreement. University or college must also sign and abide by the agreement.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- A completed internship application form.
- Please specify semester you are interested in interning.
- A current academic transcript.
- A letter from the applicant's university or college verifying arrangement of credit for the internship.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to our website. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.