On-Air Talent (KIOT)
Posted on 2013-10-09
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
Univision Radio is looking for on-air talent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform as on-air personality as scheduled and follow thought out and prepared show.
- Responsible for creating, writing and delivering creative elements on-air, including attention-grabbing topics/issues for the show.
- Follow show format assigned.
- Maintain compliance with FCC regulations at all times, including awareness of prohibited language.
- Research information as requested for show.
- Create bits and/or stunts to be used during their show, as appropriate.
- Air music as scheduled and as provided by the Content Director.
- Air all liners, promos and commercials as logged.
- Operate system board efficiently including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including sponsorships and name mentions.
- Assist with production as requested.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of station and on-air promotions.
- Follow contest rules and station rules in regard to station contests.
- Greet listeners, attend and assist special events, remotes, and other company events.
- Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Live appearances/broadcasts on location, as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Responsible for performing Master/Mistress of Ceremonies duties for station promotions, Special Events and Special Appearances.
- Work with host and Program Director to design overall sound and image of program consistent with platform goals.
- Have active knowledge of current events, news, pop culture, politics and current events.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Work with Sales and promotions to correctly and effectively execute contests and promotions on the show.
- Ensure on-air compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Screen phone calls during the show.
- Edit taped interviews and conversations.
- Run the soundboard.
- Assist in organizing remote broadcasts.
- Aggressively identifies, selects and books celebrity and newsmaker guests.
- Participate in the show as an on-air personality/side-kick adding content and entertainment value to show.
- Regular commercial production duties as assigned.
- Participation and involvement with the community.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed.
- Must be familiar with station’s format.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Produce timely, complete and accurate reports, as requested.
- Special attention to deadlines.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Follow work schedule as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years On-Air experience required.
- Must have excellent ability to speak, read and write in English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to drive.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should mail/email resume and demo tape to:
Univision Radio - Albuquerque
Attn: Sam Newton, Content Director
8009 Marble NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
No phone calls please.
DEMO tape required with Application/Resume.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER