eMedia Associate Producer
Posted on 2013-10-02
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The eMedia Associate Producer takes ownership of continuous coverage on all digital platforms.
- Writes and edits news stories for multiple platforms.
- Approves scripts for website.
- Balances news and feature content to create compelling site for visitors.
- Find and edit appropriate visual material for stories.
- Interact with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work as assignment editor during shit.
- Make beat calls and listen to scanners for breaking news.
- Dispatch crews to cover news stories.
- Serve as Associate Producer for broadcast shows and fill-in producer during absences.
- Bachelor`s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years` experience in news operations. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to:
Attn: Rob Tompkins
2175 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.