Motion Graphics Artist/Editor
Posted on 2013-09-30
By KHON Nexstar Media
KHON-TV is looking for an exceptional Motion Graphics Artist / Editor to bring the KHON2 News brand to life, visually. The Motion Graphics Artist / Editor will be in charge of concepting and producing news image spots, news targeted report spots, and news proof of performance spots. In addition, they may also be tasked with editing a client-based commercial spot from time to time.
KHON-TV is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and offers competitive salaries and wages, and a standard benefit package that includes a 401K plan and medical and dental plans.
This job is full of variety and offers the opportunity to expand your creativity in a fast-paced, exciting environment. Some of the daily and long-term tasks include:
- Editing daily topical newscast spots
- Concepting and editing a variety of spots for the KHON2 News
- Concepting, designing, and editing custom moving graphics for newscasts
- Implementing various elements of the KHON2 News graphics package
- Designing graphics packages for KHON2-produced shows and specials
- Designing graphic elements for KHON2.com
- Editing client-based commercials during busy production periods
- Assist and collaborate with the marketing team on long-term station marketing goals
- Collaborate in the concept and production of station image promotions
The ideal candidate must be able to work well under pressure, and be able to work under tight deadlines. The Motion Graphics Artist must possess a keen eye for design, aesthetics, and typography. Experience with Adobe After Effects is a must. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Cinema 4D is highly preferred. Must be familiar with an editing suite, such as Avid, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere. A BS in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations and or 3-5 years relevant experience in television promotion/production and graphic design preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: