KTUU-TV Account Executive
Posted on 2013-09-24
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, a nationally award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking an Account Executive. This individual will help generate revenue by selling advertising to local businesses on the station's multiple platforms. They will also provide thorough follow-through, and work with local agencies, to earn large shares of clients` advertising business and identify key new business accounts. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in a sales or media background. Broadcast sales experienced preferred. We`re seeking a hard-working individual who`s well-organized and can bring new customers and help them grow their businesses. The position offers an outstanding earnings potential, as well as a comprehensive benefit package, including group health, PTO and 401(k). KTUU is owned by Schurz Communications, a privately-held company that owns television, cable, newspaper and radio properties throughout the country. Additional information on Schurz is available at www.schurz.com, and via the following video link: http://youtu.be/7OuMd2ikx7k .
- Contact and meet face-to-face with existing and prospective clients to develop and maintain relationships.
- Sell advertising consistent with station policies and rate guidelines.
- Prospect new advertisers and attain new business accounts on a consistent basis.
- Create and deliver multi-media advertising presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Create special sales opportunities specific to each client; apply creative marketing plans to generate new revenue opportunities.
- Incorporate market research and rating/sales reports into marketing plans and presentations.
- Create advertising contracts and schedules.
- Submit client contracts and schedules to the local sales manager for approval.
- Prepare sales related paperwork including reports, traffic, credit applications, etc. as required.
- Prepare avails for agency buyers.
- Collaborate with commercial production supervisor on client creative when necessary.
- Schedule client shoots for commercials and attend shoots.
- Enter orders and coordinate all logistics for active clients.
- Maintain client files and reports.
- Monitor pre-emption and make-good needs.
- Collect money as needed for outstanding accounts.
- ¢Ensure advertising is delivered correctly and as ordered.
- Actively participate in weekly creative meetings to help grow business in sales, digital and contesting.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Strong understanding of broadcast television sales on-air and on-line.
- Able to develop creative marketing plans for advertisers.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and keyboarding.
- Experience with marketing tools and Wide Orbit preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good math skills.
- Must have good negotiation skills.
- Must be able to give public presentations.
- Ability to remain current of market conditions and competition.
- Ability to form and build trust with clients.
- Basic knowledge of current station programming schedule.
- Working knowledge of marketing research.
- Must be a good listener.
- Must be able to manage multiple client projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
- Must represent the company with professionalism and integrity.
- Must forecast accurately and maintain excellent client relationships.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number KTUU1580 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.