Bilingual Multi-Media Journalist
Posted on 2013-09-20
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
KDCU, a Univision Station, operated by the #1 television station in Kansas, KWCH, is currently accepting applications for a full-time bilingual news multi-media reporter/photographer for Spanish newscasts. This position is scheduled to be filled and start in January, 2014.
The successful candidate must shoot, edit and report on-air and online daily. They must also have dynamic reporting skills, to cover a wide range of assignments, from crime investigations to severe weather to high school football. They must generate enterprise story ideas daily, be a compelling story-teller and have a natural, conversational delivery; have knowledge of local, national and international news events; and be able to work a beat effectively and develop sources.
We’re seeking someone who is self-motivated to track down stories on their own and work well independently, shoot and edit their own video daily, and produce stories for on-air and online throughout their shift. They must have experience shooting and editing on a non-linear system, as well as posting content to the web, and be able to carry 20 pounds worth of equipment.
Two years news reporting and photography experience is preferred, and a Bachelor`s degree in Journalism or a related field, as well as a valid driver`s license, are required.
- Generate, gather and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way
- Use writing skills for on-air and on-line
- Write and post website original stories prior to airing of the television version
- Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
- Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative stand-ups and ways to explain a story
- Develop and maintain sources
- Participate in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings is required, play an active role in editorial process
- Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
- Various shift work will be required; holiday work is required
- Critique, feedback and training are part of the job
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit our web site.