Digital Media Web Specialist
Posted on 2013-09-19
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
Work experience and education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field required. (Negotiable)
- Professional level communications and new media and/or web experience required.
- Managing websites and multimedia, video and print production required.
- Proficient with HTML, CSS and knowledge of content management system
- Successful candidate will work jointly with News and E-media departments
- Responsibilities: adding articles to station website (myarklamiss.com) as well as help maintain and grow station social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus etc.)
- Plans, develops and maintains the organization's external Web presence (MyArkLaMiss.com and MyArkLaMiss.biz)
- Manage, monitor, and engage with users on all key social media channels
- Conduct, gather, and analyze market research to determine social media opportunities and assess the competitive landscape
- Identify, interpret, and capitalize on emerging social media trends
- Implement marketing and communications strategies related to assigned service lines
- Maintains organizational graphic standards
- Works with the design team and the Digital Media / Project Manager to produce HTML layouts
- Has professional experience and commercial, real-world web sites in their portfolio
- Knowledge of After Effects is greatly preferred
- Understands browser and platform compatibility issues
- Has a good design aesthetic and eye for color, typography and grids
- Tweaks code and makes functional fixes
- Works well under deadline, pays strict attention to detail, and performs quality assurance testing on multiple browsers and platforms before publishing
- Is experienced with streaming media
- Strong knowledge of Web and new media technologies and trends.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Advanced computer skills, PC and Mac platforms (Negotiable)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to positively interact with potential clients and co-workers
- Using Microsoft Office and standard graphic application programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere, After Effects).
- Experience in leading and directing the work of others as necessary
- Team spirit, great attitude and a desire to learn is a must
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, mail or email resume/web portfolio to:
KARD FOX 14
Attention: Human Resources
West Monroe, LA 71292
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.