KTAR PT Technical Director (#8073)
Posted on 2013-09-17
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
Operate the on-air studio console and assure accurate broadcasts.
- Focused operation of on-air console.
- Air commercials per program log.
- Screen listener calls for talk programs during shifts not utilizing a producer.
- Maintain accurate transmitter logs and program logs.
- Double check that audio elements are problem free, before they air.
- Ensure that transmitter is operating according to FCC parameters.
- Record satellite feeds.
- Air emergency alerts.
- Communicate and be part of shows with hosts, anchors and producers on upcoming elements. Occasionally assist producer. Give time cues.
- Report equipment problems, update discrepancy reports to communicate any occurrence that departs from program log or quality goals.
- Cross-training on other shifts in the event of scheduling emergencies.
- Working knowledge of KTAR computer system(s). Digital video and webcam setup/operation, monitoring of website audio streams.
- Ability to drive Company vehicles for remote broadcasts (valid driver’s license, attending driver safety training). No smoking in station vehicles.
- In performing responsibilities, exhibit a thorough working knowledge and understanding KTAR Policy and FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal KTAR matters, company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any other sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers and by not distributing our proprietary research or any other information with our competitors.
- Able to manage stress and unforeseen news events effectively.
- Work effectively in a team environment (quick-witted when needed) or alone in studio.
- Consistently works hours required, including overnights and weekends.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Personal growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years news/talk/sports radio control room work Digital/website experience helpful.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communications effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 65 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.