Part-time Weekend Assignments Editor/Web Producer-KOLR/KOZL
Posted on 2013-09-17
Position Summary: The Assignments Editor or Manager answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups.
- Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories.
- Coordinates logistics for news personnel.
- Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories, and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts.
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years' experience in news operations.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
The Assignments Editor or Manager must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply online at http://nexstar.hirecentric.com/jobs/46078.html