News Assistant Production Manager
Posted on 2013-08-30
By KOAA TV Scripps Broadcasting
KOAA-TV, the number one station in Colorado Springs/Pueblo has an opening for an Assistant News Production Manager.
This position is responsible for the News Production department administrative duties, troubleshooting technical issues with the Engineering department, Master Control operations, and ensuring that KOAA maintains the highest level of quality control. This position will work closely with the News and Engineering departments in the development and build-out of KOAA's new production facilities to guarantee maximum operational capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, evaluate and modify existing procedures to ensure efficiency and minimize on-air discrepancies
- Establish, implement and maintain new procedures and work standards for control room staff
- Screening, interviewing and hiring of new staff
- Develop training protocol and documentation for training of new employees
- Oversee development and training of new employees as well as cross training opportunities for current staff
- Review discrepancy reports, investigate and troubleshoot discrepancies.
- Manage schedule needs for department, including vacation and sick day requests while minimizing overtime expenses
- Conduct semi-annual performance evaluations for direct reports
- Provide feedback to management on a regular basis of staffing, equipment and operational conditions and needs
- Collaborate with News and Engineering staff for successful completion of productions, projects and new initiatives
- Maintain working knowledge of current production equipment and assist in evaluation and integration of new technologies
- Ability to operate all equipment in production control rooms
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven ability to build strong partnerships, lead and manage through change and growth, balance production needs with operational capabilities, and to provide solutions that address and balance both wherever applicable.
Education & Experience
- Minimum two year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a live production environment
- 2 - 4 years' experience in non-linear editing systems
- Thorough knowledge of broadcast automation systems
- Thorough knowledge of broadcast video and audio equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends and holidays as needed
- Good oral and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to:
No phone calls please
We are an EEO employer