Local Sales Manager
Posted on 2013-09-11
By ESPN Chicago
ESPN Chicago - WMVP is looking for a Local Sales Manager capable of managing the local sales staff. Responsibilities include recruiting and hiring account executives and maintaining a full staff along with setting and achieving local sales budgets, managing receivables, and driving new business. The LSM is also responsible for creating appropriate sales and research material for both the local and national sales staff.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Assist in creating the annual budget
- Assist with inventory management
- Work with National Rep firm
- The Local Sales Manager will work hand in hand with our Digital Sales Manager and reports to the Director of Sales.
- Minimum of 5 years radio sales experience
- Prior management experience with Advance strategic planning and the ability to motivate, coach and train the sales team is required
- Be proficient in Marketron, Maximiser, Tapscan, X-Ray, Scarborough and Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent sales packaging skills
- Previous Local Sales Management experience is preferred
- Highly organized with attention to detail, strong negotiation skills, ability to manage, coach, train and motivate people, extensive Arbitron knowledge, budget/goal oriented, excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to manage relationships, increase market share, multi-task, be self-motivated, strong training skills and leadership ability
- Bachelor's Degree
- High school diploma or equivalent
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you`ll have the opportunity to join a team that`s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you`ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Job ID: 109169BR
HOW TO APPLY:
Anyone interested in applying for this open position, or any open positions at ESPN, should do so online at www.ESPNCareers.com.