Ohana Media Group, Radio, Director of Sales
Posted on 2013-09-05
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Ohana Media Group, LLC is creating a new position within our Alaska cluster for an experienced Director of Sales. The person selected for this position will be responsible for developing and growing revenue for our six radio stations cluster in Anchorage & Wasilla, Alaska.
The primary responsibilities for the Director of Sales will include the following:
- Meet or exceed determined budget revenue goals and annual expectations as well as outperforming the Anchorage market.
- Recruit, develop, train and retain top level account executives;
- Work with and manage the sales team through daily activities that keeps the team focused, held accountable, motivated and engaged.
- Work with traffic and programming on inventory management as well as handling pricing strategy and accurate revenue forecasting.
- Establish, develop and grow relationships with high level decision makers in the marketplace.
- Continue as well as develop contact within all key and target accounts.
- Create and develop new business opportunities, events and assets for the radio stations including digital programs and platforms.
- Stay on top of current marketing trends and be ready to maximize opportunity from those trends.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of station products including Digital assets and features as well as overall local and corporate capabilities and initiatives.
- Working experience and knowledge of a variety of radio formats (Rhythmic CHR, Classic Rock, News-Talk, Cool A/C-AAA, Hot A/C and Country).
- Minimum of 5 years experience of media sales management in radio, television or cable television.
- Strong recruitment and training track-record.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Leadership qualities and a consistent history of success.
- Welcomes accountability and excels at sweating the details.
- Computer literate and competent in all basic software and traffic systems.
- Ability to be flexible, welcomes and can adapt to change.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please e-mail Bill Sigmar, VP/COO & General Manager at email@example.com or mail your materials to Ohana Media Group, LLC, 833 Gambell Street, Anchorage, AK 99501. No Phone calls. Ohana Media Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.