KSFI-FM/KRSP-FM On-Air Host (Part-Time)
Posted on 2013-09-05
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION PURPOSE: Make desired individual contribution to KSFI FM100.3`s team efforts by performing as the on-air host that attracts targeted audience and builds ratings in line with desired format.
- ESTABLISHES WORKING RELATIONS by being able to take direction from Brand Manager, management, and/or Consultant; working with all team members, filling in for other personalities as assigned; exhibiting a positive, professional, and helpful attitude.
- MAINTAINS PROFESSIONALISM by performing in appropriate manner and delivery as described by Brand Manager; striving for excellence in program; keeping within FCC guidelines and regulations; having the ability to work in a high pressure environment and managing stress effectively; maintaining confidentiality in regard to personnel matters, wage and salary, Company/Station strategies and other sensitive matters in communications with listeners, co-workers, and the media.
- MEETS THE NEEDS OF THE STATION by being an announcer/commentator that has the desired synergism with listeners; being compelling, informative, interesting, and adhere to Station’s format philosophy; being able to conduct interviews and engage caller(s); being able to report, analyze or interpret public events to listeners; timely and effectively complete commercial and promotional production assignments; being available as assigned for appearances; maintaining a strong listenership; accomplishing goals; being an asset to the team; being available for air-checks with Brand Manager as needed; being active in keeping to KSFI FM100.3 on the competitive edge by contributing creative ideas on show development, topics, guests, format execution, and Station promotion; and respond to all correspondence internal and external in an appropriate time frame.
- MAINTAINS TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE by understanding studio environment; reviewing equipment; informing Brand Manager of equipment repairs; participating in professional societies; reviewing professional publications; making full use of the tools and opportunities provided by the Station and expanding contribution to the Company.
- ENHANCES DEPARTMENT by having a desire to always conduct oneself in professional manner; constantly looking for methods of improvement; attending staff meetings; contributing ideas for assigned show and Station; continuing education and participating in advancing the Stations social networking functions.
- MEET CLIENTS NEEDS by being available when needed; building a positive rapport; participating with sales personnel in client relation development; knowing all aspects of to KSFI FM100.3; being knowledgeable about the Station, KSL Broadcast Group, and Deseret Media Companies; understanding and upholding Company mission and value statements.
- CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT by working in compliance with Company policies and procedures; working effectively in a team environment; maintaining a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients; consistently working hours required (working more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, odd hours, etc.); projecting an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor; continuing personal and professional growth; attending evaluation sessions, staff meetings, and training sessions; performing other duties as assigned.
- PERFORMS PHYSICAL DEMANDS by receiving, processing, and maintaining information through oral and/or written communication effectively; substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers; having the ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination; standing or sitting for long periods of time; lifting, moving, and carrying up to 20 pounds on occasion.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High School education or equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years on-air experience.
- Ability to operate broadcast equipment, such as digital software, broadcast mixing console, and automation systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Apply Online