KSL TV Video Editor (Part-Time)
Posted on 2013-09-03
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Edit video tape per the needs of KSL News Services. Meet the professional editing standards and deadlines set by KSL News Services.
- One year previous commercial broadcast experience, related field, or equivalent; prefer successful experience as a video editor -- ENG video, beta-cam or SX, recording, ENG (EJ) microwave equivalent, satellite feeds downloading of Internet sources and editing procedures.
- Experience with non-linear editing equipment essential, preferably but not limited to AVID.
- Good vision, a sense of news value and creative abilities in editing techniques. An audition tape may be required demonstrating accuracy, fairness and video editing news style.
- Self-starter, capable of making accurate journalistic editing decisions on stories in an innovative way. Capable of performing rapidly and effectively to meet daily deadlines particularly during the pressure of peak hours.
- Able to work with limited supervision, as editor may be responsible for final editing decisions and results.
- Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines including different shifts, weekends, holidays, evenings, overtime, etc.
- Valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case maybe) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Prefer journalistic degree or equivalent.
- Prefer electronic maintenance experience.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 lbs as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.