KSL TV News Internship
Posted on 2013-08-27
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
The following schedules are available:
T,TH 9am-6pm, or
KSL is pleased to announce the availability of an internship in the News Department. We are looking for students who are interested in a NON-PAID learning opportunity, where they can extend their television broadcasting education beyond the classroom.
PURPOSE: This KSL News internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in broadcast journalism an opportunity to gain an insight into the operation of professional TV news production.
- Needs to be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis. Priority will be given to students of junior/senior status, or in the last year of a community college or vocational-technical program.
- Prefer someone working toward a career in broadcast journalism. Applicant needs to be in good academic standing and possess knowledge of current events.
- Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing, production and conversational skills to transmit information clearly and efficiently.
- The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately sixteen (16) hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator and the intern's academic advisor.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL.
- Persons participating in the KSL-TV News internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time
- Final selection of a KSL intern from among those expressing interest rests with KSL.
- Must sign and abide by the Internship Agreement. University or college must also sign and abide by the agreement.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- A completed internship application form.
- Please specify the semester you are intersted in interning.
- A current academic transcript.
- A letter from the applicant's university or college verifying arrangement of credit for the internship.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.