KSL News Social Media Internship
Posted on 2013-08-27
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
KSL is pleased to announce the availability of a social media internship in the News department. We are looking for a student interested in an unpaid learning opportunity in exchange for academic credit.
The internship is designed to provide students interested in the crossroads of social media and journalism. KSL News is developing social media as a platform to promote and distribute news content. The intern will be involved in that goal. Assignments may include: writing content for various social media networks, creating video, curating social media content for TV, involvement in station events, writing reports.
- Currently registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute.
- Prefer someone working toward a career in journalism, new media or communications
- Must be proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Flexible schedule to be able to work with morning, evening and dayside teams.
- Organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing, knowledge of AP Style, production and conversational skills to transmit information clearly and efficiently.
- The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately sixteen (16) hours per week.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL.
- Students participating in the KSL internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time.
- Final selection of a KSL intern from among those expressing interest rests with KSL.
- Must sign and abide by the Internship Agreement. University or college must also sign and abide by the agreement.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.