Creative Services Producer/Editor-KOLR/KOZL
Posted on 2013-08-27
The Commercial Video Editor operates editing and camera equipment to produce images or scenes for commercial and promotional spots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Clients, Account Executives, Graphic Artist, and other Producers to create everything from Single-Spot traditional advertising to Outdoor Shows, Live Sports Shows and generally be open to supporting KOLR10/KOZL27 efforts in the community and in Branson, MO.
- Uses HDTV Camera, Lighting and Audio equipment in-the-field. Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for commercial and promotional efforts.
- Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary.
- Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect.
- Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots.
- Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects.
- Maintains editing equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- College Degree and a clear driving record and valid Missouri Drivers License.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years' experience operating video editing equipment.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Proficiency with video editing equipment, including Photoshop and AfterEffects.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to have occasional flexibility in work routine scheduling.
The Creative Services Producer must be able to carry and lift equipment from a vehicle and transport it to appropriate location tapings. They must be great at being on-time for assignments! Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or in exposed outdoor conditions such as live events. In addition, the Commercial Video Editor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://nexstar.hirecentric.com/jobs/43026.html
Nexstar Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.