Director, On-Air Promotion
Posted on 2013-08-26
By CareerPage CareerPage
- Directs, manages and controls the full scope of promotion producing activities. Monitors and directs goals; manages contracts and budgets; and ensures coordination of activities with other operations.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates staff and related activities. This includes monitoring promotion department goals and objectives and changing staffing needs if necessary.
- Develops ideas and concepts related to the station's promotions. Consults and collaborates with other team members on these concepts and ideas as long-term and short-term promotion objectives, goals and action plan.
- Makes recommendations to others on management team as needed.
- Executes (implements) department and station objectives, goals and action plans and is held accountable for results. Evaluates content, writing, reporting, producing, establishing programming objectives, staffing, and directing programs.
- Serves as the main liaison between promotions department operations and management and coordinates efforts among various departments. Works closely and collaboratively with other Departments including Engineering, Production, Marketing and web to create and maintain quality promotions and effective utilization of resources. Builds effective working relationships with co-workers in same and different departments, customers, vendors and the general public. Acts in a professional manner.
- Serves as a member of the Production/Promotions Department's management team. The incumbent hires, trains, and evaluates full-time, temporary, and intern staff and manages human resource issues for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provides budget, business, and fiscal management for promotion department projects and operations.
- Works established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed or required to complete a project or task.
- 2-4 year degree or equivalent relevant work experience required. 5 years experience working in a network or station promotion department. Demonstrated creativity in writing, producing and editing on and off air promotions.
- Superior writing and producing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with of software and editing and production techniques. Previous management of creative services department desired.
- Must be highly creative.
- Ability to train and share specific job relate knowledge in a way that is understandable to others in Creative Services and other departments.
- Proven ability to create and lead a project from start to finish without direct supervision.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
5650 University Blvd SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
No Telephone Calls Please
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER