Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist
Posted on 2013-08-22
KTVK-3TV, KASW-CW6 and azfamily.com are accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist.
- Facilitate bi-weekly payroll by reviewing timecards for accuracy and entering data within processing deadlines.
- Post open positions and facilitate the recruitment process to include screen resumes.
- Assist with maintaining FCC recruitment position file documentation.
- Assist with new hire on-boarding to include manage meeting schedules, create new hire packets and train on the timecard system.
- Review completed new hire forms and ensure I-9 and EVerify compliance.
- Administer and document worker`s compensation and company vehicle accident claims, and timely report to carrier adjuster.
- Facilitate employee activities and events.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Coordinate the stations` Trip Reduction Program.
- Maintain an environment of confidentiality and trust.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will work at the station reception desk in the afternoon (1pm to 5:30pm) and provide coverage for morning Receptionist.
- Provide exceptional customer service to viewers, callers, guests, internal employees and the community at large.
- Answer busy multi-line phone.
- Direct callers to appropriate connection, answer questions, and note viewer comments.
- Greet incoming show guests and clients, and contact appropriate employee for escort.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Provide initial security screening to the building by controlling remote access to station doors.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Schedule is 8:30am to 5:30pm (Mon-Fri). Must be able to adapt quickly to an early schedule start time of 7:30am, for a full workday, to cover reception desk during periodic paid-time off and emergencies.
- One (1) year Human Resources and/or Payroll experience, or related degree or internships in exchange for experience.
- One (1) year reception and administrative office experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work ethic and credibility.
- Experience maintaining confidential information.
- High level of business professionalism and appearance with demonstrated customer service skills.
- Self motivated with an interest to learn and grow in the field of Human Resources.
- Patient/positive attitude with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time with a high volume of telephone and computer use.
- Ability to view and listen to television and be knowledgeable of station programming.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook and the internet.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you qualify for the position, please submit resume to Director of Human Resources, 5555 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85013. Please note salary requirements and position "HR Assistant" in cover letter email: email@example.com EOE
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, genders, disability, handicap, sexual orientation, national origin, and all other covered classes. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.