Posted on 2013-08-13
By Journal Broadcast Group E.W. Scripps Media, Inc
Scheduled Days & Hours:
Full-time, schedule to be determined and must be available to support on-call needs as required on a pre-determined basis.
- Provide 24/7 operational and maintenance support for various TV and radio transmitters.
- Perform routine checks of critical broadcast equipment to ensure operational performance standards.
- Maintain records which include but are not limited to, transmitter performance logs, transmitter repair logs, system drawings, wiring diagrams, engineering shift summaries, etc.
- Troubleshoot, install, perform maintenance, and repair of RF equipment used to support TV, FM, and AM broadcast, including but not limited to high-power transmitters, test equipment, and microwave transmitters.
- Demonstrated ability to continually increase technical and operational knowledge of all equipment and systems used.
- Assist in the planning and on-going development of remote transmission sites.
- Ensure that remote site backup systems are prepared to support operations in the event of a power failure or other emergency situation.
High School Diploma with an Associate`s degree in electronics repair, or two-years of technical trade school, or equivalent military training, and/or any combination of equivalent education and experience in Broadcast Engineering; FCC License, Network+, or SBE certification preferred.
- 2+ years experience in broadcast television and/or radio transmitter maintenance required.
- 2+ years experience in general broadcast maintenance.
- Additional master control, radio studio, and newsroom maintenance experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of high-power RF transmitters and associated test equipment required to maintain them.
- General knowledge in all aspects of television and/or radio broadcast maintenance required.
- Ability to read, understand, and update critical engineering documents including but not limited to wiring documents, block diagrams, etc.
- Computer network skills preferred, especially as they relate to command and control of remote sites.
- Excellent written and oral skills; detail oriented; good follow-up skills; ability to interact with vendors as required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs, climb ladders, and work in extreme environments as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to:
RJ Russell, Chief Engineer
7280 E Rosewood St
Tucson, AZ 85710
Journal Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer