KTUU-TV News Video Editor
Posted on 2013-08-06
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time News Video Editor. This position is responsible for selecting and editing video for broadcast each day, and communicating with show producers, news reporters and photographers. The Video Editor is also responsible for a large volume of the visual content, both on-air and online. We`re seeking someone with previous news edit experience with Final Cut Pro. A valid driver`s license, with a good driving record is required. High school/GED required. A Bachelor`s degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred.
- Edit news video that accurately and fairly represents news stories.
- Edit video and audio for broadcast, promos, and teases.
- Edit and ingest news video from network and other sources for broadcast.
- Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound.
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis.
- Properly maintain editing equipment.
- Be a visual storyteller, and have the ability to come up with creative ways to explain a story.
- Communicate with reporters, writers, producers and photographers on video needed for news stories.
- Edit stories for air on TV and online.
- Keep track of edited news stories for broadcast.
- Respond to breaking news or urgent newsroom situations.
- Participate in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings is required.
- Responsible for ensuring all goals and objectives are being met and training sessions are attended.
- Demonstrate the drive to grow and learn, as well as offer creativity every day.
- Ability to work well with co-workers, and in a professional manner.
- Critique, feedback and training are part of the job.
- Required to observe all safety regulations in house and when in the field.
- Manage media storage on News edit systems.
- Working knowledge of local and state issues and geography is a plus.
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Able to edit video for news stories and work directly with producers and reporters.
- Able to communicate clearly.
- Ability to edit video, audio and still photos into logical sequence, in order to tell a story on-air and online.
- Possess the ability to edit on non-linear equipment and to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to condense large amounts of raw video into short edited stories for newscasts.
- Able to operate Microsoft Windows software.
- Ability to operate news-related software (ENPS) is preferred.
- Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines.
- Ability to stay current with national and local news/weather.
- Strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
- Understanding of and ability to follow and enforce the journalistic code of ethics.
- Must be capable of working well with others in challenging work environments to produce the best product for the viewer.
- Must be able to operate station vehicles as the need and situation dictate.
- Basic knowledge of web-posting software.
- Basic knowledge of social media.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit our web site. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.